The Revival Tour!

Well, I'm about ready to get this party started.  Please check out my comrades on the sidebar, and just get lost in the internets rabbit hole of poetry. 

For me, this revival revives this blog, something I started in 2005, an attempt to have the least read blog in the United States: a blog devoted to Boise State football and contemporary poetry.  Not so oddly, I'm still a die-hard Bronco football fan (and yes, this blog documents how I attended with my family the greatest college football game ever in 2007).  And a little oddly, I have remained true to my 2011 New Year's resolution of having retired from the po-biz.  Quite simply, I no longer write poetry for publication after having started doing so more than 40 years ago. 

Admittedly, then, it may seem odd for me to be joining this revival.  But I still write poetry, just in the form of playwriting--which is far, far more problematic as a biz than poetry ever will likely be.  And I still very much follow the currents of contemporary poetry, teach contemporary poetry, and champion contemporary poets. I still love it all fiercely, still am capable of delight and disappointment, even though I have taken to the sidelines.

So I was thrilled to read Kelli Russell Agodon and Donna Vorreyer's exchange on the Twitter, where they have managed to put together this call for a poet blogger revival.  It's how I came across poets like Kelli, Jan, Carolee, Jill, Dave, Jannine, Susan, Mary, and many others, especially the old Poetry Thursday crowd, Dana and Joyce.  And I look forward to all the forthcoming discoveries and challenges, especially set forth by young poets and poet-activists who thrive on Twitter (even if they don't do the blogging thing). 

Now that I've gotten through the prefatory, self-conscious first-posting, I am looking forward to 2018!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I’m looking forward to inclusion in the “revival” although I’m new to this particular group. Hoping to learn and collaborate within the wonderful, eclectic world of poetry. It’s nice to virtually meet you. - Charlotte