Howdy-Ho, Back from Idaho

An image of me and Carson (the two blokes to the right) with my old college roomie and his son rafting on the South Fork of the Payette River. We had a blast, though the best part of it was doing a little boulder jumping into the river (about a 20-foot drop).

So I'm back in Fort Myers, scrambling to get caught up with work (it's the week before school, and it's been an especially nutty summer with the administrative thing, and I haven't even begun drafting my syllabi), dealing with some appliance issues (bad dishwasher, very bad air conditioner), and worrying a bit about a couple of very good friends, on-line and off-line, who are going through some rough waters, and I wish, wish, wish for just a little decency and justice in the world, really for them.

Comments