Cool Paper by One of My Students

A student in my contemporary African-American poetry class, Jonathan, has posted his anthology on Spoken Word Poets on MySpace. The assignment was to create an anthology of ten poems by ten living African-American poets and write a critical introduction to the anthology. While I don't grade on presentation, these students typically go all out, making their own hand-made books. Jonathan's paper, obviously, makes use of YouTube postings, but his essay is very sharp as well.

What I love about this assignment is that I always end up discovering dozens of new, young writers. Thanks, Jonathan!

Comments

Rethabile said…
Would love to have a peek, but link seems to be broken.
Jim Brock said…
rethabile:

Thanks for pointing out the broken link. Should be working now.